Depending upon the role assigned, Users will have different levels of access and abilities within the MachShip system.
How to access the Create User screen
To create a User, navigate to the Admin menu and Create User.
Alternatively, you can access the page via the following link.
Note: Should your user not have the permission to access this page then you will be unable to successfully access this link.
How to Create a User
The Create User page is separated into 3 distinct parts being:
The credentials section is where a user will assign a
This needs to be unique across the platform as before logging in, there is no way to know which company your user is assigned to. It is suggested that you use something distinct such as an email address. This field is not case sensitive.
The password is case sensitive and needs to be at least 8 characters in length.
The company you will set needs to be the highest in the company tree for which you would like that user to have access to.
As an example with the tree structure below:
MachShip Enterprises (Victoria) MachShip Enterprises (New South Wales)
If a user was created against MachShip Enterprises then they could undertake actions for both MachShip Enterprises (Victoria) and MachShip Enterprises (New South Wales) as they are both child or sub-companies of the company for which the user has been assigned.
2. User Details
This outlines some basic information about the user. The required fields are:
The first name and surname are provided as all actions completed in MachShip are recorded in the database, but also in the notes section of a consignment and manifest. This enables admins to quickly audit when and who did a particular action when running an audit.
When a user forgets their password, they can select the Forgot Password? option and an email will be sent allowing them to reset their password.
The optional fields are:
- Business Phone
These fields allow users to provide other users within your business an idea on how and who to contact in situations where contact may be required.
In order to set what permissions a user has in the MachShip system, they need to be assigned a role. There are currently 24 role types, many of which have been created for specific instances of MachShip. We have only listed the top most used roles below, however, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to understand the other available roles.
- Admin - Admin users will have access to change and update anything related to that company in MachShip.
Note: Access to certain functionality is limited by the company type as well. For example, a client cannot change and update rates, etc.
- Despatch - Quick Links - A despatch user will have access to quote, create and consign as well as to update saved company locations and items. The quick links dashboard enables easy navigation to the relevant parts of the system.
- Despatch - DG's - A despatch user will have access to quote, create and consign as well as update saved company locations and items. The quick links dashboard enables easy navigation to the relevant parts of the system. This user can also consign DG freight.
- Viewer - The viewer role will be able to see all aspects of a consignment and its tracking but will not be able to create or edit them.
- Operations - No Prices - This would be a role provided to a client user who does not need to see or view any prices. All prices will be shown as $0.
You will need to enter a Company name before being able to select a Role for the User. Start entering in a Company name, MachShip will auto-generate a list for you, select one that suits best. Once selected, you will be able to click on the drop-down to choose a Current Role for the user.
To assign a user level select from the drop down and hit the plus on the right.
Once assigned, the role will appear under the Current Roles heading.
Once complete select Save User and the user will be created.